Day 1: TIRANA AIRPORT –DURRES
• Meet and assist upon arrival at “Mother Teresa” airport in Tirana
• Leave the airport and go to Durres which is an ancient city founded in 627 B.C. Will visit the amphitheater which is one of the biggest and most exquisite monuments that have survived from the ancient city. It is the largest in the Balkan Peninsula; build in the 2nd century A.D., with a capacity about 20.000 spectators. After this, we will visit the remains of the walls of the fortress.
• Dinner and overnight in Durres.
Day 2: BERAT
• Situated below the historic citadel, with old houses of long outstanding beauty and architecture Berat is known as “the city of thousand windows”.
• After breakfast visit of the fortress of the city and its churches, where you can see the fascinating art of Onuphri, who is the greatest painter of 16-th century in Albania.
• Lunch at a local restaurant
• Afternoon in a nice wine-bar.
• Dinner at local restaurant.
• Overnight in Berat
Day 3: VLORA
• After breakfast, the departure to Apollonia which is one of 30 cities dedicated to God Apollo. Founded in 588 BC.
• Proceeding the road to Fier.
• Arrival in Vlora (Aulona) an historical and costal city.
• Sightseeing of Vlora.
• Overnight at a hotel in Vlora.
Day 4: Saranda
• Leave the hotel and go to Saranda through the Albanian Riviera.
• Explore and visit the traditional villages of : Llogara, Dhermi and Vuno.
• Stop to have the lunch and procced to Himara,Qeparo,Borsh and Lukova known for the cultivation of citrus fruits, where the panoramic sea views, beautiful mountains, and olive grove landscape are combined with the sharm of the village environment.(Riviera Cost road is one of the most beautiful routes in Albania. Many tourists have referred to the Riviera as “The Albanian Pearl”.)
• Arrival in Saranda.
• Sightseeing of the city
• Dinner at Lekursi Castle, surrounded by ancient Illyrian Walls.
• Overnight in Saranda
Day 5: BUTRINTI
• Breakfast at hotel.
• Leave the hotel and go towards Ksamil and have a coffee or drink enjoying the beauties of this small town.
• Visit Butrinti the special archaeological site, where the excavated objects are exhibited in the Butrint museum
• After lunch in Butrint, proceed to Saranda.
• Afternoon at leisure or relax .Enjoy you in the costal city of Saranda.
• Over night in Saranda.
Day 6: TIRANA
• Leave Saranda and drive to Tirana.
• Stop, to visit Syri I Kalter (Blue Eye), to enjoy this marvelous of the nature taking a drink or coffee
• Sightseeing of the stone town: Gjirokastra
• Go from south till the heart of Albania.
• Overnight in Tirana.
Day 7: TIRANA
• Panoramic view of the capital city which was founded in 1614.Visiting many buildings and monuments.
• You’ll visit the National Historic Museum, the mosque of Ethem Bey, Clock tower etc…
• After this proceeding to Kruja, another old city near Tirana. The capital of Albania at XV century.
• Visit the old castle and the Museum of Skanderbeg.
• Visit the Ethnografic Museum and the Old Bazaar of the citadel
• Transfer by coach to Tirana
• Dinner at a traditional restaurant.
Day 8: TIRANA
• Transfer to Mother Teresa Airport for homebound flight.