Day 1: TIRANA AIRPORT – KRUJA – DURRES
• Meet and assist upon arrival at “Mother Teresa” airport in Tirana
• Leave the airport and go to Kruja –the picturesque birthplace of Gjergj Kastrioti Skanderbeg (The Albanian National Heroe)
• Visit Kruja Castle and the Skanderbeg museum
• Sightseeing tour in Kruja, Visit the Old Bazaar.
• Lunch at a traditional restaurant with a picturesque view.
• Departure to Durres which is an ancient city founded in 627 B.C.
• Visit the Archeological Museum, the Amphitheatre which is one of the biggest and most exquisite monuments that have survived from the ancient city. It is the largest in the Balkan Peninsula; build in the 2nd century A.D., with a capacity about 20.000 spectators. After this, we will visit the remains of the walls of the fortress.
• Dinner and overnight in Durres.
Day 2: DURRES – ARDENICA – BERAT
• After breakfast proceed to Ardenica – where is a medieval monastery surrounded by stonewalls.
• Visit to The Marry Church and Saint Triadha Chappel.
• Transfer to Berat. In the afternoon city tour to Berat.
• Situated below the historic citadel and with old houses of long outstanding beauty and architecture, Berat is known as “the city of thousand windows”.
• After breakfast visit of the fortress of the city and its churches, where you can see the fascinating art of Onuphri, who is the greatest painter of 16-th century in Albania.
• Dinner at local restaurant with folk music.
• Overnight in Berat
Day 3: BERAT – VLORA – SARANDA
• After breakfast, departure to Saranda via Vlora.
• Vlora (Aulona) an historical and costal city.
• Sightseeing of Vlora. Panoramic view of the city, where will see the Mosque of Muradie, the Bronze Monument of Independence in the “Flag Square”
• Lunch in “Kusbaba”, positioned on top of the hill from where you have a whole view of Vlora.
• Explore and visit the traditional villages of : Llogara, Dhermi and Vuno.
• Stop to have the lunch and procced to Himara,Qeparo,Borsh and Lukova known for the cultivation of citrus fruits, where the panoramic sea views, beautiful mountains, and olive grove landscape are combined with the sharm of the village environment.
• Riviera Cost road is one of the most beautiful routes in Albania. Many tourists have referred to the Riviera as “The Albanian Pearl”.
• Arrival and overnight in Saranda.
Day 4: SARANDA – BUTRINTI – SARANDA
• Breakfast at hotel.
• Visit Butrinti -the special archaeological site, where antiquity and beauty of nature intertwine.( UNESCO World Heritage Site )
• According to Virgil, Butrint was founded by the Trojans during their voyage to Italy.
• Visit the temple of Aesclepios, the baptistery, Nymph, the Theatre, Lions Gate etc…
• After lunch in Butrint, proceed to Saranda to visit the Sinagogue.
• Afternoon at leisure or relax.
• Dinner at Lekursi Castle, surrounded by ancient Illyrian Walls.
• Overnight in Saranda
Day 5: SARANDA – GJIROKASTRA- KORCA
• Leave Saranda and departure to Gjirokastra.
• Stop, to visit Syri I Kalter (Blue Eye), to enjoy this marvelous of the nature taking a drink or coffee.
• Sightseeing of the stone town: Gjirokastra.
• Gjirokastra became a UNESCO World Heritage Site in July 2005
• Go from south to the southeast city : Korca.
• Visit the archeological museum housed in lovely wooden Ottoman House – The Museum of Medieval Art.
• Visit the 15-th century Mirahorit Mosque and the Old Bazaar
• Dinner and overnight in Korca.
Day 6: KORCA – VOSKOPOJA – ELBASAN – TIRANE
• Breakfast at the hotel.
• Go from Korca to Voskopoja- a well known center of art with 24 churches where will find the famous frescoes and the Byzantine art.
• Lunch at a restaurant.
• Departure from southeast till the heart of Albania- Tirana, passing through Pogradec, Elbasan, Durres.
• Arrival and overnight in Tirana.
Day 7: TIRANA
• Breakfast at the hotel.
• Panoramic view of the capital city which was founded in 1614.Visiting many buildings and monuments.
• You’ll visit the National Historic Museum, the mosque of Ethem Bey, Clock tower etc…
• Visit the old bazaar and the citadel of the city.
• Visit a traditional museum house – of the greater painter Sali Shijaku.
Day 8: TIRANA
• Check out from the hotel.
• Transfer to Mother Teresa Airport for homebound flight.
*The itinerary could change due to point of arrival or group request.